Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Unexpected Demolition



Yup that's me and yes, I'm smiling. Well.... the plan was to strip the wallpaper in my studio of our new home and give a nice little makeover with some fresh paint.... Somewhere around 1pm on Saturday things took a swift turn to complete demolition mode! We discovered the walls were made of backerboard, then wallpapered, then plastered over the seams, then wallpapered again. Not to mention animals had made nests in all the insulation so that was a mess as well. No wonder it was so hard to heat!
So it was a disaster, but thanks to my AMAZING husband who is also a carpenter and our hard working friends and family, things are progressing quickly. So hopefully I will actually have a studio to work in again VERY soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails