Monday, February 8, 2010

An Inspiring Saturday


IMG_0661
I had a lovely day with an old family friend on Saturday. I met up with Leslie at her beautiful home around noon. Her studio is filled with so many tactile objects from dried flowers, to jars of lady bugs, mushrooms, and endless other found natural objects. You can tell by her studio that she is an artist who connects to her work through physical touch. She had planned a day filled with textures and colors. We both had to touch everything we saw. After briefly setting up an Etsy account for her we scurried off to Tower Hill to view some indoor gardens. Flowers in February! Nothing could make me happier.
IMG_0644IMG_0628
IMG_0638IMG_0627
After Tower Hill we headed over to an amazing fabric store in Hudson, MA. I was just going to observe... but they were having a one day sale of 20% off all fabrics including remnants.... soooooo.. What can a girl do.
Embroidered fabric 3
I am very excited for this fabric. I have quite a bit of it and will definately make a few Phoebe bags from it that will be for sale on Etsy. I still have to find its complementary fabric. I hope to find something stripy.

IMG_0672
This is a very sturdy cotton blend. It will make a great rugged Phoebe bag.

IMG_0665
This fabric will be a messenger bag for myself using this tutorial. I can't stop touching this fabric. It's so lush and textural.

Below the fabric store was a fun antique store that had boxes of fat quarters priced at 4 for $1. So in the 3 minutes before closing time I found a couple keepers to add to my expanding fabric collection.

Sample fabric 1
IMG_0675
What a wonderful day filled with inspiration and good company.

2 comments:

  1. Becky - What an incredible day and such great finds! Good for you!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy! I'm so excited for my new finds and the flowers were so unique. They reminded me of crayons and fireworks and all sorts of odd things you wouldn't naturally compare to a flower.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails